iRocker All-Around 11' Inflatable SUP
- Perfect board for beginner to intermediate paddlers
- High Weight Capacity
- 20% lighter than last year's model
- Tons of great features (4 action mounts, 21 d-rings, etc.)
- Durable triple layer composite PVC Construction
- Wouldn’t mind a US fin box for more advanced paddlers, but excited for new river fin system
- Could move the back 2 action mounts more to the side
- Not much else - it’s a fantastic board that you should strongly consider!
Last Updated: March 10, 2020
The redesigned 2020 iRocker All-Around 11′ inflatable SUP is here! Not only is it 20% lighter, but iRocker has really upped their game with it comes to the ‘extras’ added to the board. The 11’ All-Around’ now includes: 4 action mounts (awesome for mounting go-pro’s, fishing accessories, ect.), a newly-designed deck pad that extends all the way to the end of the board, 3 different grab handles to make it super easy to transport….and a ton more (read below to see all the details)!
The look has also been redone. You now have 6 different color and style options with digital printing that makes the boards look even better than they did before. In talking with the guys at iRocker, one of their main focuses for the 2020 inflatable stand up paddle boards was improving the designs. While design and beauty are always in the eye of the beholder, we really do like the new looks a lot.
The All-Around 11’ was our #1 rated all-around inflatable sup for 2019, and has only gotten better in 2020!
SUP Board Specs: iRocker All-Around 11′
|Max Capacity||435 lbs|
|Recommended Inflation||15-18 psi|
|Fins||Nylon, Quick-lock, removable|
|Paddle Type||Carbon-blend shaft, Nylon blade|
|Materials||Triple Layer Composite PVC, Drop Stitch Inner Core|
Who Should Buy This Stand Up Paddle Board:
As mentioned in the title, the iRocker 11’ is an All-Around iSUP, and will perform really well for the following people:
- Larger, taller individuals who prefer a very stable board
- People who would like to paddle with their kids (I can get 3 of mine on the board with me and still be under the weight limit, although the board does get a little slow in that scenario!)
- Beginner to intermediate paddlers who want an all-around type SUP
It will also be a great board for the following conditions:
- Flatwater (lakes, bays, etc.)
- Easy streams and rivers where you don’t have to maneuver too much
- Small surf
- Open ocean waters (provided you don’t have to fight through a massive swell to get outside of the surf lineup)
- Fishing (this is especially true now with all the d-rings, bungees, and action mounts that come standard on the boards
Most of our readers (over 50%) are new or inexperienced SUPers. As such, we like to first start out our reviews by talking about stability and how the board performs. One of the questions we had before testing the 2020 All-Arounds was if the new 11’ board would be as stable as last year’s board. With one less layer of PVC material, would the decreased weight (see below) make the board less stable.
Simple answer: NOT AT ALL.
Stability is something that we’ve come to expect from iRocker, and this year’s model doesn’t disappoint. With a length/width of 11” x 32” and weight capacity of 435 lbs you are going to be stable on this board even if you are above 6’5” and over 200 lbs. I basically could jump up and down, spin in circles, and maybe even do some yoga without falling off. If you are someone who is worried about stability then this is a great SUP for you.
At 11’ in length, you’re not going to expect the iRocker All-Around to be zipping around rocks while you paddling down a category 3 river. However, I found the board to handle very well while turning and paddling around flat waters. iRocker trimmed around 20% of the weight off the board this year by going to a triple layer composite PVC construction. I love this update, as we didn’t notice any decline in stability or durability of the board.
I am able to maneuver the board more easily now, so that’s a win, win across the board in our opinion. Back fin turns were easy, and I was able to move around nicely and weave in and out of the bushes and trees in the lake.
You’ll have a ton of fun paddling the 11’ around the lake or the ocean.
I’m always impressed with how well the best inflatable sups track and glide through the water. Tracking-wise the iRocker All-Around 11’ tracks really well. The 3 removable nylon fins are not only easy to snap in, but they do a great job at keeping the board straight while paddling.
In terms of glide, we found the 11’ to glide very well. Inflatables don’t glide quite as well as hard boards do, as they sit up on top of the water. However, the difference is very minimal (I’ve seen studies that show it’s about a 7% speed decrease is all). In fact, because of how firm the board is, I found the glide of the iRocker 11’ to be above my expectations. Only in the wind have I had any issues – but that applies to all inflatable SUPs simply because they are thicker and ride above the water more than hard boards.
Bottom line: the 11’ All-around does a great job tracking straight and gliding through the water, and performs as well as any other 6” iSUP we have tested.
The iRocker All-Around 11’ is constructed with three layers of composite PVC (polymerized vinyl chloride), a lightweight, durable, and flexible plastic. It’s actually a material that has been used in roofs since the 1960’s.
The core of the board is thousands of tiny polymer threads, known as a ‘drop-stitch’ core. Drop-stitch material is basically what makes it so an inflatable SUP can be inflated to such high pressures and also keep its shape.
Essentially, the board is made with very high quality materials that you don’t see in $300 boards found on Amazon.
As you can see, the shape is the classic all-around shape you see in most ‘all-around’ inflatable SUPS. The board is 11” x 32”, so long and stable which suits a variety of the most paddled conditions. The board is quick, and still provides stability even for the largest paddlers. With a slight rocker and pointed nose up front you do cut through the chop easily. This makes the board good for longer paddles.
It’s also fairly thick in the tail at 17” at the most narrow point. This also improves stability while still allowing you to move around.
Overall, the iRocker 11’ All-Around is a ‘jack-of-all-trades’ type of board. No, it won’t be the ‘master’ of any one category (river SUPs, Yoga boards, Fishing, Surf, etc.). However, it will perform well in all of those categories – making it a great buy for the vast majority of the population and one of our most highly recommended inflatable SUPs.
If you are someone who loves a board packed with features, then you are going to love the new 2020 iRocker lineup. It’s pretty clear that iRocker had a clear goal in mind to make this board one of, if not the most, feature-packed all-around iSup on the market (or I guess second feature-packed next to their BLACKFIN lineup).
The new 11’ All-Around comes out of the box with the following features:
- Triple layer composite PVC construction. Going from 4 layers to 3 has made this board lighter and more nimble, but the durability you expect from iRocker is still there. You see that in their super low return rate, in comments from people all across the globe, our personal experience the last 5 years, and the fact that iRocker is now offering an extra year warranty (for a small fee) that adds to their current 2 year warranty.
- Front, middle, and rear carry handles for easy transport. I know this sounds simple, but we really like how they added the extra rear carry handles to the front and back this year.
- 2 front action mounts located in the front cargo area. These are great for GoPro’s, fishing attachment, and really anything else that can attach via action mount. I really love the placement of these mounts, as they are out of the way and connect to the d-ring that connects the front bungie.
- 2 mini action mounts toward the rear of the board. With these 2 extra action mount, iRocker went from 1 action mount to 4 in this 2020 model. Basically, you have enough mounts for a GoPro mount, a speaker, a cup holder, and even a fishing pole holder (all of which are sold by iRocker). My only small complaint here is that I wish the rear action mounts were located on the side of the board next to the d-rings like the front action mounts are. This is really a minor complaint, but when I had 2 of my kids on the board I couldn’t mount a GoPro back there without it getting in the way and I think I could have had the mounts been a little more on the side. They also got in the way just a little when I was trying to do some yoga on the board (Sadly, trying is as good as I get with Yoga. hence why you don’t get any pictures of my first warrior position on this board).
- 21 d-rings. Yes, you read that correctly – you can basically tie down anything to this board with that many d-rings.
- Oversized front cargo area (6 d-rings) + oversized rear cargo area (6 d-rings). This is the perfect size for a cooler (or 2), a dry bag, or really anything else you can think of that you would need for a long day of paddling.
- 2 front + 2 rear safety handles. These are awsome for little kids to grab onto for both balance and safety. My 3 year old grips these pretty tight, which I appreciate because that means he’s not gripping my legs as I try to paddle. And yes, you can fit 2 kids + you easily on this board, so having a pair of safety handles is appreciated. It is also another upgrade from last year’s model which only had 1 pair.
- Very comfortable and grippy EVA Deck Pad. The croc/diamond logo stamped pattern is comfortable, and adding the vertical lines increase grip nicely. I personally prefer a more grippy board with deep grooves, so I appreciate iRocker adding the deeply-grooved lined section on the deck pad. I also really love how the deck pad covers so much more of the board this year and goes all the way to the back. That just makes it easier and more comfortable all the way around.
Due to customer feedback, iRocker choose to stick with the 3 removable ‘snap-in’ fins for their 2020 model. The fins are the same nylon material as last year’s All-Around SUP. They are also very easy to instal. You don’t have to worry about screws or mounting plates, or having any tools. Just snap and lock them in and go.
Personally, I typically like having a US fin box. That way I can buy new fins at any surf shop and change up my fin set up for whatever situation I’m going to be in. Smaller fins for rivers, large single center fin for touring long distances, etc. HOWEVER, in talking with iRocker they found that the overwhelmingly large majority of their riders prefered the snap in fins vs having a US fin box. Why? Ease of use and reduced user error. The extra performance you get from a larger center fin is marginal, and iRocker is planning on offering some smaller river fins that you can also purchase. Basically, they are trying to create a fin set that is super crazy easy to install, performs well, and still gives you some flexibility to go from open water paddling to river paddling. I don’t think I can complain about that, and might even admit to losing 3 fins last season because my kids didn’t install the fins correctly on some of the US fin boxes :).
So, for an all-around SUP, I’m ok with what iRocker has done here with their fin set up and I’m anxious to see and test out their smaller river fin set.
Croco-Diamond Deckpad w/ Traction Groves
I already talked about how I really like this EVA deck pad, and here you can see how the pad really does cover all the way to the back of the board. I also think the logo stamp gives it a really nice look and feel. The only area I’d like to see changed up would be to have the traction groves a little closer for extra traction.
iRocker added 2 new neoprene handles to this year’s 11’ All-Around. Now you have 1 grip handle on the front, one in the middle (same as last year), and one in the back. The extra handles make it easier to carry the SUP out to the water. In addition, they make it easier to launch the SUP, especially if you have a few kids in tow.
I honestly don’t think it would be possible to add more d-rings and bungees to a SUP than what iRocker has done this year. Some SUP “purists” might not like all the extras added. We, however, find them very useful and get so many comments from SUPers who love the added versatility that the D-rings and bungees add.
The d-rings are placed nicely so they are out of the way, but also everywhere you need them for clipping dry bags, phone holders, or anything else you might need to them. It also makes it really nice and easy to add iRocker’s kayak conversion kit and turn the SUP into a Kayak.
iRocker greatly improved the paddle in this year’s All-Around 11’ board. Last years board came with their standard fiberglass shaft and nylon blade paddle. For the 2020 model, iRocker has upgraded the paddle to a carbon fiber blend paddle and a thinner nylon blade.
In addition, the carbon shaft feels a lot more comfortable in your hands as your paddling. I find that most fiberglass paddles have almost little rings around the shaft that can chafe your hands over time. The carbon fiber is smooth and comfortable – a great upgrade that is very nice for a board in this price range.
Finally, the top grip also feels better this year vs last. It’s molded nicely so your palm fits really well and makes the paddle super comfortable on longer paddles.
I’m not surprised that iRocker didn’t upgrade the pump from last year – there really was no need. With the iRocker All-Around 11’ SUP Sup you get their fantastic triple action, dual chamber hand pump. I can pump up the board in just over 5-6 minutes if I’m pumping hard. I also like to keep it on the hardest setting, so air is being pumped in from both chambers on both the down and up pumps. Most people prefer to go from setting 1 (air pumped both chambers, both down and up), to setting 2 (air pumped from both chambers only on the down pump), and finally to setting 3 (air pumped from one chamber on down pump only). Whichever setting you prefer, you’ll love their pump.
The only drawback to their pump would be for someone looking for a smaller, single chamber pump for backpacking or something like that. Personally, I still prefer the double chamber and that extra space/weight that it brings. The ease of pumping up the board is well worth it.
That being said, we can’t say this enough – upgrade to an electrical pump if you can afford it! iRocker makes one of the best electrical pumps on the market, and it makes such a big difference both when inflating and deflating your board. Trust us on this one, an electric pump is our #1 recommend upgrade for any SUPer.
iRocker includes a high quality backpack with the purchase of the 11’ All-Around SUP. If you haven’t ever seen an inflatable SUP backpack before please note: iSUPs are not like camping tents. By that I mean they actually fit into the backpack provided easily, with room to spare. Yes, you still want to roll the SUP up nicely, but even if you don’t it will fit into the backpack provided by iRocker.
A few really cool upgrades iRocker added to their backpacks this year include:
- Extra zippers and compartments!!! Last year pack was good, but you only had one main compartment to store everything. Now, the All-Around bag comes with 5 external compartments to store keys, accessories, fins, etc. This is really awesome because now all you need to store inside the bag are the board, hand pump, and paddle.
- 2 side mesh pockets for storing drinks or other small items.
- Front bungee cargo area for carrying extra items like towels or clipping extra gear to
- Optional wheeled tray that you can purchase which will attach to the bottom of the bag, turning the backpack into a rolling bag.
The compartments include:
- Main compartment (for the board, paddles, and hand pump)
- Zipper pocket on top of bag that will fit the new iRocker electric pump (super cool!)
- 2 front zipper pockets ideal for storing fins, leash, repair kit, and other personal items
- 2 small zipper pouches behind the side mesh pockets ideal for keys and other small items
iRocker really did a nice job with this backpack – especially given the price range of the 11’ All-Around. My favorite upgrades are the extra pouch for their electric pump. Again, we are huge fans of an electric pump and are stocked to have a storage spot for the pump now. Last year we purchased a small cooler bag to store the pumps. Now we can use the iRocker backpacks and have one less thing to carry!
All iRocker SUPs come with a high quality, coiled leash that will stay out of the water while paddling and still keep you safe. Of course, remember to always wear a life jacket though!
iRocker’s repair kit comes with an inflation valve wrench, which is very nice to have in case that valve becomes loose over time. It also comes with a few patches in case you spring a leak. Keep in mind though that the patches won’t work on seams. If you do end up with a hole on a seam, just contact iRocker and they’ll let you know what you need to do to get it fixed (they have fantastic customer service).
As always, iRocker has a ton of great accessories that you can purchase to go along with your new All-Around 11’ SUP! Here is a quick list, but you can see them all in more detail on our iRocker accessories page:
- Kayak kit (seat and kayak blade)
- Kayak Seat Cushion
- Shoulder Carry Strap
- Cup Holder
- Camera Mount
- Cell Phone Holder
- Electric Pump
- Selfie Stick
- Cooler Deck Pad
- Fishing Rod Holder
Conclusion/Bottom Line Review
You really can’t go wrong with the iRocker 11’ All-Around. It’s a perfect board for beginner and intermediate paddlers who want to SUP in a variety of conditions. While the 11’ All-Around is best suited for flat water paddling, it will also do a really good job in slow rivers and streams, open ocean paddling, and even in small surf where the waves aren’t too steep.
Finally, it’s a great family board and one of the best boards for beginners and larger paddlers. It’s super stable, extremely durable, and comes with a fantastic 2 year warranty and a 60 day money back guarantee. And, with iRocker’s excellent customer service they will make sure you are happy and taken care of in the small chance that something does happen to your board.
Justin - SupBoardGuide
Latest posts by Justin - SupBoardGuide (see all)
- 2020 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Stand Up Paddle Board Deals - November 10, 2020
- Gili 11′ Adventure Inflatable Paddle Board Review (2020) - June 5, 2020
- GILI Komodo 10’6’’ SUP Board Review – 2020 - May 26, 2020