NIXY Manhattan G3
- Long, sturdy touring board that is great for long distances by experienced paddleboarders.
- Very easy to maintain a straight course in the water, smooth glide as well.
- FusionTech construction is built to last, and makes the board easy to carry.
- Reinforced carbon fiber rails! Manhattan feels firm and rigid in the water.
- Heavy duty, triple wheeled backpack.Includes everything for the water out of the box.
- Sharp color options. Available in a distinct red or blue variant.
- Center US fin box has great fin compatibility. However, the included screw-in fin isn’t as secure as most normal US fin setups.
- Fiberglass shaft + nylon blade is a bit heavy at 33 ounces. Not ideal for a long touring trip.
- Tricky to pack gear in the nose cargo area as it is very cramped. D-rings could be spaced out more for better accessory compatibility.
The NIXY Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is the longest SUP made by NIXY Sports, acting as a fun, stable, and easy to paddle touring board. This Manhattan 12’6’’ is perfect for solo paddlers, with experience, wanting to go on long paddling adventures. Paddlers will love how easy it is to maintain a straight and steady course with the Manhattan, while paddlers of all skill levels will love how it glides through the water. The FusionTech dual-layer construction provides a strong defense against common accidents while keeping the board light and easy to carry. Carbon fiber reinforced rails are also incorporated into the board, adding further protection while also giving the Manhattan G3 a firmer, more solid feel. It’s a great board on its own, but NIXY has also included an excellent backpack and dual-chamber pump, with a fiberglass paddle. There’s a lot to love with the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ touring board, and we’re excited to break it down even more in the rest of the review below!
SUP Board Specs
|Rider Capacity (lbs)||350 lbs|
|Recommended Inflation||15 to 20 psi|
|Fins||Center standard US fin box with 9’’ tool less screw in fin|
|Paddle Type||Fiberglass shaft and Nylon blade, 33 Ounces|
|Construction||Dual-layer fusion drop-stitch construction|
Carbon fiber reinforced rails
Who Should Buy This Stand Up Paddle Board:
As a touring board, the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is great for those who want to go on long-distance paddling trips, or want to explore the water from sunrise to sunset. However, we also think that the board is great for:
- Hikers who want a touring board with solid performance but also lighter to carry.
- Those who are interested in durable, well-built SUP.
- Hardboard paddlers making the switch to inflatable but want a similar feeling SUP.
- Paddlers who prefer a board that sticks out with bright, noticeable colors.
The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ will perform similarly in most traditional water settings. We believe you should take the touring board out to:
- Calm, still water environments for the optimal touring experience.
- Lakes, bays, and the coast for long distance paddling. The board can handle some chop and wind.
While they aren’t necessarily built with stability in mind, the large size of touring boards like the Manhattan 12’6’’ SUP causes them to be pretty stable in the water. Larger paddlers will certainly feel at ease finding their footing on this board as the rigidity will accommodate to them.. Experienced paddlers could bring another adult partner with them on the Manhattan 12’6’’, especially due to the long and comfy deck pad. Overall, this board definitely feels firm in the water, due to its overall size and the rigid carbon fiber reinforced rail system.
Just because it’s long doesn’t mean you can’t maneuver with the Manhattan G3 12’6’’. With just a few strokes to your side, you can easily change the direction you want to go with this touring board. If you do need to pivot quickly, you can do it by performing a step-back turn like you see in the picture above. Move a foot to the tail of the board, push your weight down, and you’ll raise the nose in the air so that you can turn in any direction on the spot. With just a little experience on the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, you’ll have no problem navigating the water and dodging rocks, trees, and other obstacles in your way.
The best performance factor of the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is its tracking and glide in the water. Paddling technique does play a partial role in how straight your course is in the water, but with the Manhattan G3 even paddlers will be able to keep the same direction without much work. Furthermore, it’ll be a smooth and comfortable trip as you go through the water, with the Manhattan maintaining a steady blade that cuts through still water and some light chop alike. It does take a few powerful strokes to build up speed, but the Manhattan G3 maintains it well once you get going. It’s fantastic to paddle on the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, offering great performance in almost every water setting out there.
While the Manhattan G3 has excellent tracking on its own, it is further improved with the included 9″ tool-less center fin. Screw it into the standard US fin box, and you’ll find it even easier to maintain your course. This is an especially important inclusion for those who are still trying to perfect their form, and will keep things fun while also encouraging you to improve. You can read more about the fin setup and quality below, but bring it with you for the best tracking performance!
The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is built with FusionTech, which is a fused dual-layer SUP construction with a tight-drop stitch core protected by coatings of military grade PVC. The drop-stitch core is made up of sheets of fabric that are bound together with thousands of internal strings. As air is pumped into the core, the core expands like an inflatable, though establishes the SUP shape due to the placement of the internal strings. With a drop-stitch core, you get a board that floats in the water but still offers a stable paddleboarding experience.
To further protect the drop-stitch core and improve overall performance, a fused dual-layer system is also applied to the drop-stitch core. First, a coating of military grade PVC is applied to the base core sheets, completing the first layer and acting as a base for the second layer. The second layer is made up of more polyester fused sheets, with a second and final PVC coating applied to form the outer shell. This is FusionTech, the very durable yet lightweight construction that helps NIXY boards stand out from the competition.
With FusionTech, the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ will withstand most common drops, crashes, and other accidents that happen while paddleboarding. You will be able to enjoy the Manhattan for years with little to no performance loss, especially because of the included reinforced carbon fiber rails. The carbon fiber rails not only protect the vulnerable seams, but make the inflatable board more rigid and feel closer to riding a true epoxy hardboard. Overall, it’s a very well built touring board, with a number of other cool features you can read about below!
The Manhattan G3 is a well-designed touring board, built for the adventurous and with long-distance paddlers in mind. The 12’6’’ length makes it very easy to maintain a straight and steady track in the water, while allowing you to casually glide through calm and some light chop alike. The 30’’ width and 6’’ thickness give the board the stability to support a recommended weight capacity of 350 lbs, while also staying quick and nimble in the water. The board is built for touring, but it can also be fun to use for some light and casual racing. You’ll have a ton of fun with the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, whether you dedicate it for touring or are interested in dabbling in other SUP water sports as well.
There’s a number of awesome features packed into the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, not all of which may seem obvious. Some of what we think are the best features include:
- Carbon Fiber Rails: The reinforced carbon fiber rails improve the overall rigidity of the touring board. As a general rule, the more rigid a board is, the more stable it’ll be in the water, while also just feeling more firm, comfortable, and solid to paddle with. The integrated carbon fiber rails are also great because you don’t have to deal with removable rods like some other boards. It’s a true performance booster, and a great thing to have with an inflatable paddleboard.
- Dual-layer FusionTech: The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is built to last, and will withstand almost anything you throw at it on and off the water with the FusionTech construction. Trees, rocks, even other paddleboards will bounce right off the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, doing little to no damage. Be sure not to drag it across the ground though, as it’s a shame to get such a good looking board dirty!
- Dual-bungee cargo area + 14 D-Rings:There are 14 D-rings scattered around the Manhattan G3, all of which work great with dry-bags, cases, and other clip on accessories. You also have a dual-bungee cargo system, letting you secure coolers, lunch boxes, and other small containers as well.
- Nose Halkey-Roberts inflation valve: We don’t normally highlight the inflation valve as a feature, but it’s fantastic that it’s located on the nose of the board. By having the valve on the nose, it’s much easier to deflate the board and get all of the air out as you roll it up from the tail. A small but effective difference from many other paddleboards that makes packing even quicker!
- Triple grab handles:Located on the nose, center, and tail, the three grab handles make carrying the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ easy. The center handle has a neoprene cover as well, making it extra comfy and avoiding skin irritation when held with cold or wet hands. The other two handles have a solid casing that protects against fraying as well.
- Stamped traction pad:The long deck pad provides enough space for multiple paddlers, or for stretching out and getting a yoga session in on the water. The deck pad also features a stamped logo pattern that improves traction, making it easy for even new paddlers to grip to the board. We also like how effective the board is at draining water from the deck pad, and that it dries in the sun fairly quickly.
- Fiberglass paddle + Nylon Blade: The three piece, adjustable paddle is made up of a fiberglass shaft and nylon blade, weighing (INSERT WEIGHT HERE) when put together. The paddle is beginner friendly, helping your strokes feel powerful as you navigate the water, and can be adjusted to fit almost any paddler height. Floats in the water too!
- Two vibrant colors: Available in a dazzling blue and red. The (INSERT COLOR HERE) model has been featured in our review.
The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ comes with a single tool-less screw in 9’’ fin that fits into a standard US fin box. When used, the 9’’ will improve the board’s overall tracking, making it even easier to maintain a steady course in the water. The durable fin is resilient, and should last just as long as the board itself as long as you’re careful not to bring the board out in shallow water environments. Otherwise, make sure to bring it out with you wherever you go paddling for the best board performance.
The included fin is comparable to many common snap-lock fins, with the screw-in system securing the fin more tightly than a snap-lock. However, it does take a bit more time to secure the fin compared to a snap-lock fin, and doesn’t secure as tightly as a traditional US standard fin. We’d like to see the screw-in system replaced with the traditional screw and plate system common in many standard US fin setups, or the barrel lock system used in newer FCS fins.
Stamped Traction Pad
The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ has a long traction pad that is comfortable to stand on, ensuring you can paddle all day long without hurting your feet. The deck pad also has a stamped logo pattern that improves your overall traction, ensuring you can maintain a steady grip as you paddle. The soft foam also does a good job of draining water when the board gets wet, and is typically completely dry after about fifteen minutes once out of the water. We also like how much of the board the traction pad covers, as it ensures that additional passengers will have a comfortable place to stand. Overall, this is a good deck pad that will make your touring adventures a relaxing, stable, and enjoyable experience.
Three grab handles are featured on the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, which can be found on the nose, tail, and center of the Manhattan 12’6’’. The center handle is great for carrying the board with, as it has a neoprene cover that protects against chafing when held with cold or wet hands when carrying the board. The other two handles are a bit more basic, but do have rubber coating around them and are great for tying ropes to if you want to tug the SUP around. Sold paddlers and tandem paddlers alike should find it easy to carry the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ touring SUP with this setup.
There are 14 D-rings in total on the Manhattan G3 12’6’’, all of which are great for clipping on dry-bags, phone cases, and other popular SUP accessories. These D-rings are solid and attached well to the board, but we would like to see them spaced out a bit more. As they are now, the D-rings can cause bags and other items to get tangled up, besides being totally incompatible with some SUP accessories.
There is also a dual-bungee cargo system, with a smaller cargo space up front and a larger cargo area in the tail. These bungee cords are totally removable, clearing up deck space for extra passengers, and will fasten down coolers, lunch boxes, and other containers to the board. However, the front cargo bungee area is a bit too small, making it difficult to secure the small drink cooler we usually bring out with us while we paddleboard. It would be great if this bungee system was expanded in a future model of the Manhattan G3 12’6’’.
Fiberglass Shaft + Nylon Paddle Blade
The included paddle has a fiberglass shaft and nylon paddle blade, and weighs 33 ounces when all three pieces are fully assembled. We’re glad that NIXY Sports has included a paddle with their board kit, and believe that the vast majority of beginner paddlers will find it easy and comfortable to use. However, for long touring trips, we definitely prefer something lighter, and recommend that those who can afford it to upgrade to a carbon fiber alternative for a better paddling experience.
The fiberglass paddle is very easy to put together, and can be adjusted to various adult paddler after assembly. The three piece paddle will fit most typical adult paddler heights, and is quick to adjust even on the water. If you do drop it, you’ll find that the paddle floats, though it can get away from you if dropped in fast moving water. Lastly, the three individual pieces are all small enough that they fit well in the roomy backpack, making it easy to pack up for the day.
The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ kit features the dual-chamber, triple-action NIXY Typhoon pump. This is a very easy to use pump, with the instructions for the three action modes printed on the pump itself. By using the three action modes correctly, you’ll be able to inflate the Manhattan G3 in less than 15 minutes, or even less than 10 minutes with practice. It’s another great inclusion in the kit, and speaks to the quality of the overall Manhattan G3 kit.
While we do like the included pump, we also understand those who just want to get out on the water without tiring themselves out with a manual pump. As such, our number one top recommended add-on to the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is an electric pump. Electric pumps will inflate your paddleboard for you, and do it in about the same amount of time as a manual pump would. Electric pumps are also great due to their deflation nozzle, which will help you suck the air out of your SUP and ensure it’s ready to roll up and put away in your backpack. The last great benefit is that they are more compact than a manual pump, leaving you extra space to back gear in your backpack. For the best, most relaxing paddleboard experience, definitely go with an electric pump!
Another fantastic component of the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ kit is the included three-wheel roller backpack. This thing is built tough, featuring heavy duty nylon that will have no trouble withstanding water, sand, and other elements out in nature. At the same time, the back of the bag is padded, making it soft to wear and great for hikers making a long distance trip with their board. The backpack straps are fully adjustable, and have pockets you can place them in so they don’t get in your way when using the wheels or one of the outside carry handles. The bag is built with extra space in mind, so that you won’t struggle to pack your gear like campers do with their tents. Finally, it’s a nice touch that the wheels are on the front of the backpack, as it ensures that your straps won’t ever get tangled in the wheels if you leave them out of their pockets.
You’ll occasionally take this touring board in fast moving waters, so make sure you wear the included 10’ coiled leash when you do. The leash will ensure that the SUP stays close if you ever fall in the water, and is easy to put on by just attaching it to one of the D-rings. However, some paddlers make the mistake of thinking the leash will help them float. For maximum safety, always head out with a PFD, even if you’re paddling where the law doesn’t require one!
When you have 14 D-rings on a paddleboard, you are basically being invited to bring out extra gear. Most common third-party SUP accessories will work great with the Manhattan G3 12’’6, though be sure to check the compatibility before purchasing. NIXY Sports also has a few accessories that we recommend checking out. These NIXY accessories include:
- NIXY Elite Electric Pump
- NIXY Landing Mat
- NIXY Adjustable Kayak Seat
Company Review – NIXY Sports
NIXY Sports is a water sports company based out of Irvine, California, and was founded by Nicolas and Alexandra Szczedrin. Taking their 15 years of experience with water sports, NIXY operates with the goal of creating some of the most versatile, lightweight, yet durable paddleboards on the market. Today, there are 5 distinct paddleboards manufactured by NIXY Sports, including cruisers, all-arounds, compact, and the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ touring board. If you like the Manhattan G3, we invite you to look at their other just as great paddleboards.
FusionTech and carbon fiber reinforced rails ensure that you can paddle for years and suffer many common SUP accidents without suffering significant board damage. Since you can’t prepare for everything though, the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ has a 30-day guarantee and 2-year warranty that covers everything outside of normal wear and tear. Every interaction we’ve had with NIXY Sports has been a positive one, and we also enjoy how they’ve improved their paddleboards year over year. We certainly look forward to what NIXY Sports will develop next!
The Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is an excellent touring board for those who want straight tracking, smooth glide, and a stable platform for long adventuring trips on the water. FusionTech with carbon fiber rails provide for a lightweight but firm feeling paddleboard that is a joy to paddle on for hours. The included accessories are top notch, including the dual-chamber pump and roller backpack, with a fiberglass paddle as well. With the backing of a great company, NIXY Sports Manhattan G3 12’6’’ is definitely a board worth considering for those seeking out a touring experience.
Is there something else you would like to know about the Manhattan G3 12’6’’ touring board? Have a question about paddleboards in general, from pumps to paddles to fins? Then make sure to leave a comment below, or send us an email with any inquiries you have. We love to talk paddleboards, and also like to hear about your paddling experiences with the boards we review. We update our reviews based upon the feedback we receive, so make sure to check our reviews in the future for our up to date thoughts!
Thank you so much for reading. Enjoy the sun, and have fun paddleboarding!