iRocker All-Around 10' Inflatable SUP
- Top rated, quality SUP
- Fantastic SUP for beginner paddlers
- Perfect for paddlers under 200 lbs
- A little more nimble than 11’ version
- Included 2 year warranty + 60 day return period
- New carbon blend shaft paddle
- Wouldn’t mind an option for a US fin box to add versatility (although iRocker is releasing some shorter river fins soon, so you will have that ability)
- I’d prefer the rear mini action mounts to be moved a little bit more to the outside of the board
Last Updated: March 10, 2020
(The version shown is the sea foam green, which is a little different design than the other models and does not include the rear cargo area/bungee cord)
The iRocker All-Around 10’ inflatable SUP was one of the highest selling SUP’s on the market last year. After our full review of the iRocker All-Around we don’t see that changing anytime soon.
iRocker really stepped up their game with their All-Around lineup this year, packing so many features into their SUPs that I’m not quite sure how they are keeping the price so low. As we reviewed the board we couldn’t keep thinking about all the different things you can do with this SUP now. I really think that both individuals and families are going to love all the extras iRocker added this year. With a 370 lb weight capacity, 4 action mounts, up to 2 large cargo areas (depending on the design you choose), and 17 d-rings you’ll be able to go just about anywhere and bring anything you want with you. In addition, I can’t say how much I love the upgrade to the paddle this year to a carbon blend shaft and thinner, lighter blade.
We think iRocker has built a fantastic board this year, and we are stoked it’s getting released so early! This year’s 2020 model is essentially the same shape as last year’s model, and we loved last year’s All-Around. It earned ‘best all-around SUP’ last year, and this year we like it even more. No, it’s not the #1 rated board simply because it’s bigger brother/sister, BLACKFIN, took that spot.
SUP Board Specs: iRocker All-Around 10′
|Max Capacity||370 lbs|
|Recommended Inflation||15-18 psi|
|Fins||Nylon, Quick-lock, removable|
|Paddle Type||Carbon-blend shaft, Nylon blade|
|Materials||Triple Layer Composite PVC, Drop Stitch Inner Core|
Who Should Buy This Stand Up Paddle Board:
The iRocker All-Around 10’ SUP is a perfect board for anyone who:
- Needs a very stable, high weight capacity board and weighs less than 200 lbs (if you are over 200 lbs than we’d recommend the 11’ All-Around)
- Wants to paddle solo or with a child
- Beginner to intermediate SUPers who want a quality board that is built to last and is backed by great customer support.
- Wants to attach accessories such as coolers, kayak seats, waterproof speakers, GoPros, etc. With 17 d-rings and 4 action mounts you can basically attach anything you can think of and still have more room
The All-Around 10’ is also ideal for the following paddling situations:
- Any flatwater paddling (lakes, marinas, bays)
- Light river and stream paddling
- Open oceans
- Small surf
The iRocker All-Around 10’ is a very stable board, period. First of all, it has a large 370 lb weight capacity. Even the largest paddlers we have (up to 6’6 and 270 lbs tested) didn’t have a problem being stable on the board. While we do recommend the 11’ All-Around for larger paddlers, smaller and medium paddlers are perfect for the 10’ version.
Some people ask why we start our ratings with stability. We start here because that is what a beginner paddler is going to start with – trying to stand on the board without falling off! Beginner paddlers won’t have a problem with this board. Even in small chop the board is stable and provides a solid base you can learn to SUP on. For beginner paddlers, we also think you’ll appreciate the solid feel that comes with the triple layer composite PVC vs the dual layer fusion boards that are lighter. We love the fusion technology, but it doesn’t quite feel as solid underfoot – which is pretty big for beginner paddlers.
We really like how maneuverable the 10’ All-Around iRocker is. At just 10’ in length, it is a little more nimble than it’s 11’ sibling. I found this size to be a little more ‘fun’ for me and would be the version of the board I’d prefer from an maneuverability standpoint.
iRocker reduced the board weight around 20% this year by going to a triple layer composite PVC vs the quad layer they used last year. As such, iRocker created a more nimble board and didn’t sacrifice anything in terms of stability and durability. With less weight, it’s super easy to lift the nose out of the water and turn on a dime.
The iRocker All-Around 10’ tracks really well according to our review and testing of the board. With quality, removable fins we are able to paddle very straight. The board also glides through the water really well, on par with what we would expect from a 6” inflatable SUP. Note – you will get better glide from a hard board, like the BLACKFIN Model SX, as inflatables sit higher on top of the water. However, for beginner to intermediate paddlers the difference is negligible.
iRocker constructed their 10’ All-Around SUP with a triple layer, high-quality, bomb-proof composite PVC. PVC stands for polymerized vinyl chloride, which is a flexible, strong, yet lightweight plastic that basically keeps everything air-tight. PVC is extremely durable, and has even been used as a roofing material since the 1960’s! In other words, an inflatable SUP is built to last and will actually have more durability than a hard fiberglass or epoxy SUP.
The 10’ All-Around also has an inner drop-stitch core, which is essentially tens of thousands of tiny polyester threads that connects the top and bottom of the SUP. The drop stitch technology is what allows the SUP to be pumped up to such a higher pressure and gives the board it’s rigid, hard-board feel.
Because of these materials, inflatable SUPs don’t feel anything like your regular plastic pool toys. Far from it, they feel much more akin to a white water river raft.
The 10’ All-Around by iRocker is true to it’s name when it comes to shape. The board is a true all-around shape, with a wide body that tapers just slightly in both the nose and tail. At 10’ x 32”, it’s a little shorter than the 11’ version, but has the same shape. As an all-around SUP, it’s built for someone looking for a board to flat water paddle, surf in small waves, or paddle in light flowing rivers and streams. It also will handle a little better than the 11’ All-Around in conditions like rivers where you will need to maneuver around rocks and other debris.
The slight rocker in the nose, along with the slightly pointed nose will help cut through some of the chop. At 6” thick you also have plenty of volume for stability.
iRocker packed the 10’ All-Around with a ton of features, making it one of our top rated all around iSUPs for 2020. These features include:
- Triple layer composite PVC. We really like the tri layered construction. Not only does it cut the boards weight by 20%, but really makes the board feel more responsive and agile on the water.
- 3 great color options and 2 different designs. We really like how different the board looks going from the sea foam green (above), to the other options available. The main difference is the divided deck pad and lack of rear storage area found on the seafoam green version.
- 3 carry handles (front, rear, and middle) for easy carrying and launching of the SUP.
- Upgraded carbon blend shaft. This is a pretty big upgrade from 2020, and is a great new feature that makes paddling distances much more comfortable.
- 4 action mounts. 2 of the action mounts are up front, incorporated right next to the front d-rings. The other 2 mini action mounts are towards the rear on the edges of the EVA deck pad. Like the 11’ version, I do wish these mounts were more on the side of the board and out of the way, but I like having 4 mounts in total.
- 17 d-rings for attaching dry bags, waterproof speakers, coolers, and more.
The fins that come with the 10’ All-Around are the same snap in, nylon fins found on last year’s model. iRocker found that most of their customers really liked how easy the fins are to remove, and many customers didn’t want a US fin box – so they stuck with what was working. In addition, they said they have plans to come out with a snap in fin set that will be shorter and work great for river SUPing, which will make this board even more of an all-around all-star.
iRocker upgraded the EVA deck pad to a iRocker logo stamped version. The logos not only add a nice design touch, but also add some traction that you don’t get with smooth deck pads.
On the model shown above, the foam is broken into 3 sections and goes all the way to the inflation valve. It’s a fantastic design, and I really like how it looks with the pad broken up, and it does add a little traction between the sections.
With 17 d-rings, there will almost be nothing that you can’t attach to the board. We love how versatile these make the board, and they also make it really nice for the long paddle days when you want to bring everything but the kitchen sink.
Other things you can do with the d-rings include attach the optional kayak seat, waterproof speaker, dry bags, GoPro’s, etc.
iRocker greatly improved the quality of the paddle that comes included with the 11’ All-Around. This year’s model has a carbon blend shaft and nylon blade. The carbon shaft is an obvious upgrade and feels much better in my hand. While fiberglass is an upgrade from plastic, it get uncomfortable after paddling a while. The carbon fiber is smooth, lightweight, and makes long paddles much more enjoyable,
We also liked the blade upgrade. We love how the blade looks, and it feels much lighter than last year’s.
The pump that comes with the 10’ All-Around is the same that comes with the 11’ and all other iRocker models. It’s a dual chamber, triple action pump that makes it very easy to pump up your iSUP. Stage 1 is the most powerful, pumping air in from both chambers on both the up and down pumps. Stage 2 pumps air from both chambers but only on the down pump. Stage 3 pumps air in from one chamber and also only on the downward pump. Stage 3 makes pumping the last few PSI much easier, especially for lighter-weight individuals.
One note – if you’ve read through our other recent reviews, you’ll notice that we always recommend purchasing iRocker’s electric pump as your first accessory. iRocker makes a great electric pump, and it makes SUPing on an inflatable so much more fun – and you get to save your strength for the paddling while you let the pump do the hard work for you.
Along with the 10’ All-Around you get a quality backpack that easily fits your board + all the accessories that come with it. There have been several improvements made on the 2020 bag, all of which make the bag much more versatile and easier to store everything you need.
The iRocker bag comes with all their models, and includes the following:
- Main compartment that fits your rolled-up board, paddle, and pump. There are 2 tie down straps that keep the board in place.
- 2 side mesh pockets that hold water bottles nicely
- 2 small zipper pouches behind these side mesh pockets that are great for small items (keys, phones, etc.)o
- 2 front zipper pouches where I like to store the fins, leash, and repair kit
- An extra zipper pocket above the shoulder straps that was designed specifically for holding the iRocker electric pump
- A bungee cargo area on the front of the bag
The bag fits really well, and makes it very easy to transport your SUP pretty much anywhere. The bag doesn’t come with wheels, but iRocker is coming out with an optional wheeled tray that can attach to the bag for those who would like wheels.
The leash included with the iRocker 10’ All-Around is a coiled leash that swivels. It’s very comfortable and stays out of the water (and your way) as you paddle on the SUP.
Like all other iRocker boards, you also get a repair kits with the All-Around board. In the kit you have a few patches. Note – these patches won’t work on a seam, so if you do end up getting a rare leak there, then call iRocker and they’ll help you out.
The repair kit also comes with a tool to tighten the inflation valve. The valve doesn’t come loose very often (it’s pretty rare, actually). However, make sure to hang on to this wrench just in case – that’s not a tool you’ll find generally at a local hardware store.
iRocker is pretty famous for having fantastic accessories, and this year is no different. The offer the following options accessories:
- Kayak kit (seat and kayak blade)
- Kayak Seat Cushion
- Shoulder Carry Strap
- Cup Holder
- Camera Mount
- Cell Phone Holder
- Electric Pump
- Selfie Stick
- Cooler Deck Pad
- Fishing Rod Holder
Bottom Line Review of the iRocker All-Around 10′ SUP
As we reviewed the iRocker All-Around 10’ iSUP we were very impressed. If you are a beginning to intermediate paddler, under 180-200 lbs, and want a great all-around SUP, then this board should be at the top of your list.
With a 2 year warranty, 60 day return period, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed from iRocker you don’t have much to lose.
Any other questions? Please leave them in the comments down below. We know buying your first inflatable SUP can be a little challenging and we hope that we can help. Other than that, get out and SUP!
Latest posts by SupBoardGuide (see all)
- GILI Komodo 10’6’’ SUP Board Review – 2020 - May 26, 2020
- GILI Meno 10’ 6’’ SUP Board Review – 2020 - May 15, 2020
- ThursoSurf Waterwalker 120 (10′) iSUP Review – 2020 - May 14, 2020