It was once again a busy week for SUPpers all over the world. Charity events and ISA sanctioned races made way for a memorable end to the SUP season. All eyes were on the Pacific Paddle Games held in Dana Point California. Other events like the Big Ben Race in London and the Sunday x3 Paddle Race Series in San Diego, California were also more than photo worthy. Here are last week’s best snapshots, including great photos from PPG 2017.
1. Winter SUPping is officially a thing (Instagram/supthemag)
Apparently, summer isn’t the only time you can ride with your SUP.
2. Mike Tavares with his signature acid drop (Instagram/fluxphoto)
Only a few people can do this trick, for curious onlookers asking if he landed it, he did, he always does.
3. Awesome PPG 2017 coverage (Instagram/blackschmidt /supthemag)
Awesome SUP action in San Diego, California for the annual Pacific Paddle Games.
4. Paddlers prepping for the Big Ben Race (Instagram/pascydubois)
Stand-up paddleboarding is really becoming a major global sport. In here you can see participants of the Big Ben Race in London prepping for the competition.
5. Beau O’Brian running a dismount clinic (Instagram/blackschmidt)
Even the best fall down, 2-time Australian SUP Champion Beau O’Brian is no exception.
6. PPG 2017 ends with a blast! (Instagram/blackschmidt /supthemag)
This year’s Pacific Paddle Games has been a huge success. Proof? Look at the picture.
7. Nothing like a good stretch (Instagram/@mikky1126 )
Nothing like a good old stretch to free up tight muscles.
8. A man and his boards (Instagram/byw012)
A man, his boards, and his passion for the waves. Just a picturesque moment, nothing else to say.
9. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (Instagram/caro.lina.anahi)
Aside from the festive Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, the beach surrounding the area is also a great place to SUP.
10. I caught a big one! (Instagram/wishiwazfishin)
Chris Hollingsworth and his wife are huge SUP fishing enthusiasts. He admits that “My wife catches bigger fish than me,” there’s no denying it in this picture.