SUP Board Guide Outdoors Scholarship Program
About SUP Board Guide
SUP Board Guide is one of the fastest growing SUP communities online. We write some of the best stand up paddle board reviews for hard board, as well as reviews of the best inflatable stand up paddle boards. The site also features a wide variety of content like travel tips, training, videos, industry-specific news, interviews with Pros and an event section.
Since the water sport has given us so much, I felt the need to give something back to it. Perhaps I could reach out, touch someone’s life, and make it just a bit better. Thus was born the SUP Board Guide Outdoors Scholarship Program.
Creating A Small Change
The scholarship has been designed keeping in mind the generation who will take up the sport. The program will award $1000 to a deserving graduate student who is passsionate about SUP. The main motive is to help the student out with a bit of money. There is, however, an second, alterior motive as well. I hope that the student selected for the scholoarship will be able to pay it forward; either to the sport itself, or the society at large. It is just a wish and not a directive. The main purpose of the program is to award a deserving candidate who lives and breathes the outdoors.
Who Can Apply
Apart from a passion for the outdoors, you must be a US Citizen or a US resident. The second eligibility criteria is that you need to be pursuing a full-time degree at an accredited American university or college.
To apply for the SUP Board Guide Outdoors Scholarship Program, you need to write an 1000-1500 word essay on How The Outdoors Have Affected…(xyz). You can write about the effect on the environment, on watersports in general, or how it has changed someone’s life. You are free to decide the area that interests you most. If you can tie the topic to the area of your study, even better. You will also need to fill out the application form available on the website and attach a proof of enrolment or an academic transcript.
Your application needs to be submitted on or before January 1st, 2017.
Terms And Conditions
- The SUP Board Guide Outdoors Scholarship Program is a semi-annual grant, presented one time to each candidate.
- It is awarded on the basis of merit and on the quality of the essay.
- The student who receives the scholarship will be notified by email no later than Feb 1st. 2017.
- The winning essay will be published on supboardguide.com/scholarship.
- The scholarship amount can be sent to the student, or to the university if required by the administrative rules. The amount can only be used for tuition, room & board, books, and other related educational costs.
- Any information shared with SUP board Guide will not be shared with third-parties.
- For any questions contact: [email protected].