Mid October had some awesome events lined up for the stand-up paddling community.The annual Red Bull Heavy Water Race had lots of action, with Casper Steinfath taking home the crown. Nonetheless, other amateur races also graced the week. Club Scrub’s “Endless Summer” River Paddle and the Imperial River Challenge in Florida went accordingly well. It was really a busy week for SUP and with it came along dozens of photos that are worthy of recognition. SUPers around the world also came up with their photo-worthy moments, here are last week’s best snapshots!
1. One of the most brutal and gnarliest SUP races in history. (Trevor Clark/Red Bull Content Pool)
The annual Red Bull Heavy Water Race proved to be a challenge even for the world’s best SUP athletes. The weather forecast that day mentioned huge swells down San Fransisco. Apparently, it was evident on race day, just look at the photo.
2. Casper Steinfath wins Red Bull Heavy Water Race. (cj_steinfath/Instagram)
The Red Bull Heavy Water Race proved no match to the resilience of Casper Steinfath. The win comes off after a second place finish against teammate Mo Freitas in Cold Hawaii and winning the 200-meter sprint in Denmark for 2017 ISA World Tour.
3. Ryan Funk battling huge swells in San Fransisco (patrick_alteri/Instagram)
Ryan Funk almost won the Red Bull Heavy Water Race in San Fransico if it weren’t for Casper Steinfath’s dominance. He managed to land 2nd place and you can see how difficult the race was.
4. Skye Rainey traverses the Merced River in Yosemite Valley. (fluxphoto/Instagram)
One of the reasons why stand-up paddleboarding has become a global phenomenon is because you can literally do it in any body of water. Here you can see SUPer Skye Rainey take on the rivers of Yosemite Valley.
5. Catching frisbee on a stand-up paddleboard (noahcouser/Instagram)
Playing frisbee on a SUPboard? Apparently, you can do anything if you’re up to it, even catching a frisbee while gliding in the water.
6. Surreal photo from Second Beach in Olympic National Park near La Push, Washington. (olympicnationalpark/Instagram)
Nature is an awesome piece of art. There are no words that can describe how beautiful this picture is. Big props to the photographer though for bringing in a wonderful piece.
7. Kayaker encounters a snake in South Carolina’s Congaree River. (congareenps/Instagram)
Paddlers encounter a lot of stuff in the river. Fortunately for this man, a snake was too close for comfort.
8. A long exposure image of Sol Duc Falls in Olympic National Park. (michaelclarkphoto/Instagram)
The Falls are a huge attraction in Olympic National Park. It has been a playground for amateur and professional photographers. In here you can see the magic of long exposure snapshots to full effect.
9. The perfect weather (aplusfreedom/Instagram)
Blue skies and calm waves. Such a perfect weather to go to the beach.
10. No weather can stop people for SUPing (irockersup/Instagram)
In some places, winter is literally coming, but some people just can stop having fun on their SUPs as evidenced by the photo.
Latest posts by SupBoardGuide (see all)
- BaySports 11’6″ Tour Original Series Review 2020 - July 28, 2020
- Bay Sports 10’6″ Explore Review 2020 - July 28, 2020
- Our 2020 List Of The Best Inflatable Paddle Boards (iSUPs) - June 6, 2020