Two amateur stand-up paddleboarding events blasted off this week. The annual Fall Classic held at Folsom Lake, California proved to be exciting as ever. Meanwhile, on Florida, troves of paddleboard enthusiasts gathered in for the Key West SUP Invitational for some novice action on the shores of The Sunshine State. Overall, it was a fun week for paddleboarders all over the world. To pay homage to the growing popularity of the sport, here are this week’s best photos.
1. Idaho’s Thousand Springs State Park’s crystal clear waters are perfect for SUP! (johnjwebster/Instagram)
Idaho is certainly underrated in terms of SUP exposure. However, that appears to change, especially with convincing photos like the one above.
2. Awesome photo worthy moment (thecraighensel/Instagram)
This picture is an utter example of a perfectly timed photograph. In addition to the picturesque moment, the Chicago skyline very well fits this unusual snapshot. Overall, this is just an awesome photo.
3. Paddling through Minnesota’s Canoe Area Wilderness (ryansalmphotography/Instagram)
What makes the perfect SUP experience? The view? The people you are with? Or the feeling of freedom from life’s stresses? If you want to experience all of the above, it’s highly recommended that you head out to Minnesota’s Boundary Waters.
4. Shark gracefully leaps out of the water for perfect photo op! (Alexyz3d/Instagram)
It’s not a good idea to go SUP with a couple of great white sharks in the water. But this photo is just too good to miss out on the list. Enjoy!
5. Is this even a real photograph? (franslanting/Instagram)
Frans Lanting’s photo looks more like an oil pastel painting than a real photograph.
6. Marconi Pass on the north side of Cerro Fitzroy near El Chalten, Argentina. (michaelclarkphoto/Instagram)
A fast moving river flows down after the Patagonian ice cap starts to melt on the north side of Cerro Fitzroy near El Chalten, Argentina.
7. Watching the sunset on the hammock (tatoy10/Facebook)
What is more perfect than watching the sun set while chilling on the beach? I guess the photo above sums it up.
8. The perfect SUPing buddy (amivitale/Instagram)
Man’s best friend can also be your best SUP buddy.
9. Botswana’s desert lilies (franslanting/Instagram)
Water lilies in a desert are so uncommon that it only occurs in 10% of the world’s total arid wastelands.
10. Awesome SUP day with buddies (sup_now_paddleboarding/Instagram)
A perfect way to start your morning.