Despite the staggering debris scattered over the Caribbean by an onslaught of hurricanes and the devastation of Mexico City due to a 7.1 magnitude earthquake. Last week was a busy one for the SUP World. The SUP 11 City Tour held at Friesland, Netherlands came out bigger than last year. In the US, the annual Chucktown Showdown at Charleston, South Carolina also kicked off with a bang! Tons of stand-up paddle action. Here are last week’s best snapshots
1. The Participants of the SUP 11 City Tour gather for a photo (sup11citytour/Instagram)
Participants of the 220 kilometer SUP challenge pose for a group picture before heading out.
2. The stunning Parrega Village in the Netherlands (sup11citytour/Instagram)
The SUP 11 City Tour held at Friesland, Netherlands sure is filled with great places to SUP.
3. Chucktown Showdown participants swarm Brittlebank Park (nicholas_skylar/Instagram)
A mix of paddle boards, surf skis, and kayaks stormed through Brittlebank Park down the Ashley River, around Castle Pinckney and back.
4. Perfectly Tanned (ariannacasti/Instagram)
Summer season is almost up, but some are still out there getting a perfect tan.
5. SUP Yoga (paddleniagara/Instagram)
Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.– Jason Crandell.
6. Starting line (ydwer/Instagram)
Participants at the annual SUP 11 City Tour blast through the starting line.
7. Brittany Parker catching waves at Skookumchuck Narrows (jackson.surfs?Instagram)
Canada is known for its beauty and charm. It’s also associated with Skookumchuck Narrows, a famous spot for SUP junkies like Brittany Parker.
8. Man versus nature (chuckpatterson/Instagram)
Who wins? Man or nature? You will be the judge.
9. Kid owning the waves (meatballlifestyle/Instagram)
When we were his age, all we thought about were video games and arcades. This kid? He owns the waves.
10. SUP 11 City Tour action (ydwer/Instagram)
The Netherlands is just so beautiful, participants of the SUP 11 City Tour are lucky to paddle through such amazing landscapes.