Last week was some sort of a rest period for stand-up paddleboard events after a busy September schedule. Despite the lack of action, we were still able to compile some awesome photos for the opening week of October. From amazing scenic locations in Canmore, Alberta, to the crazy consequences of mother nature, last week still produced many photo worthy moments. Finally, here are some of the best photos for the first week of the beer month!
1. Mother Nature leaves a sailboat stranded on the ground. (sailing_banter/Instagram)
We have no idea how the sailbot ended on the wrong side of the river. It seems like the owner could have been drunk, consequently creating a new dock for the poor boat.
2. Something is lurking on the water. (southflpaddle/Instagram)
A casual paddler seems to have caught the eye of a curious onlooker. Most probably a manatee looking for attention!
3. Stand-up paddleboarding is invading the land of the rising sun, Japan! (bu.yuri2423/Instagram)
SUP has finally become a worldwide phenomenon and the sport has come a long way since its humble beginnings.
4. Discover Canemore, Alberta’s majestic scenery with a paddleboard. (mike_fromcanmore/Instagram)
Alberta has many stunning landscapes. Hence, a perfect hub for adventure seekers and adrenaline junkies.
5. Of love locks and stand-up paddleboarding. (anonymsup/Instagram)
love locks and paddleboards take center stage in Paris, another perfect photo for SUP enthusiasts.
6. Morning SUP Yoga sessions (gypsygirlyoga/Instagram)
Another SUP Yoga practitioner doing her morning routine.
7. Fine dining in Panama (waveofwellness/Instagram)
There is only two ways to reach this restaurant in Panama, it’s either by boat, or a stand-up paddleboard.
8. Surreal surfing action (fred_pompermayer/Instagram)
Another awesome morning surf session.
9. Don’t look down (eboomer/Instagram)
Here is another way of crossing a waterfall, probably not the safest way to go to the other side.
10. Riding the waves (fred_pompermayer/Instagram)
Seems like he’s obviously enjoying the waves, enough said.